DevOps engineer – Mid-Senior
As a DevOps engineer at B-Open you will deploy, automate and manage distributed systems and data processing pipelines for international agencies and private corporations monitoring the environment from space.
You will join a fast growing company and a team that uniquely combines a strong research-oriented attitude with a solid industrial approach. You will become an expert in cutting-edge Open Source technologies and will contribute to them.
If you are passionate about developing software and science in an international environment, if your aim is to have fun building stuff that works, and if you like the possibility of doing it 100% from home, B-Open is the right company for you.
- Design, develop, test, automate, deploy, maintain and improve software systems in operations.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Bachelor in computer science or Master of Science in engineering, physics, mathematics or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of working experience on administrating distributed systems based on Linux and networking
- Verbal and written English proficiency and good communication skills.
Demonstrable working experience in the following technologies / best practices, the more the better.
- Programming languages: Python 3.8+
- Python installation tooling: Pip, Conda
- Software testing: Pytest (unit testing), coverage.py (code coverage), Black (coding style), Mypy (type check)
- Continuous integration: GitHub Actions, GitLab CI/CD, pre-commit
System / DevOps
- Operating Systems: Ubuntu Linux, CentOS Linux
- Containers: Docker, Docker compose, Kubernetes
- Cloud platforms: OpenStack, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services
- Deployment automation: Ansible, Terraform
- Software project management: GitHub, GitLab, JIRA
- Source control: Git
- Documentation: reStructuredText, MarkDown, Sphinx / MyST
- Nationalities: all European Union member states (Unfortunately we are unable to offer VISA sponsorship for non-EU citizens)
- Office location: fully remote or Rome, Italy
- Employment Type: Full-time with Italian contract (tempo indeterminato CCNL commercio)
- Seniority level: mid-senior
- Compensation package range: €36k – €41k
Great work, you’ve made it this far! Does that sound like an interesting challenge?